Saturday, March 16, 2013


One of my favorite children's book is Mouse Mess by Linnea Asplind Riley.
Mouse Mess is a silly story about a mouse that wakes up at night to eat while everyone is sleeping. It is written in a way that attracts children's attention, there is only one line with rhyming words per page. The mouse makes a big mess while eating then it wonders who made that mess. When I read this story to my students they can't stop laughing and we always make a mess in the classroom to explain what happened in the story. This story broadens children's imagination by making them wonder what could happen in their house while they are sleeping. It also makes them more aware of the difference between real stories and fiction.

2 comments:

  1. Ghayna,

    I have never read Mouse Mess, but I will definitely be looking for it now! It sounds like a great book and I can see why the children would enjoy reading it. I like that you make it an active reading story by making a mess in your own classroom so that it makes a larger connection for your students. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite childhood book is the very hungry caterpillar, maybe because I love to eat, lol

    ReplyDelete