Friday, February 28, 2014

Professional Hopes and Goals

            When I think about working with children and families who come from diverse backgrounds, I hope that I will be able to communicate with them more in order to understand their individual needs and to avoid any misunderstandings. 
            A goal I would like to set for the early childhood field would be to engage all early childhood professionals in advocating for diversity, equity, and social justice.  I believe that the best educators teach children to become good community members; and to do that, they must teach children respect diversity by encouraging equity and social justice.
            I would like to thank all my colleagues for the great discussions that we have had during this course.  Their comments gave me new insight about the early childhood field and encouraged me to become more engaged in the field. 


4 comments:

  1. Ghayna,
    Yes, it all begins with the child, what we teach them from day one produces the grown up we encounter later in life.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Ghayna,
    Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. I agree that that we must become engage in our community to be able to understand and support diversity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing. It is important that children learn to become productive members of society. We are sometimes consumed with educating them that we forget to teach life lessons and social skills. Best of luck and success.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic goal to have in this field! I wish you well and hope a continual journey in learning. Your passion shows in your words.

    ReplyDelete