Friday, October 25, 2013

Final Blog Assignment

The blog assignments in this course helped me gain new information about the international early childhood field.  The discussions with my colleagues (in Saudi Arabia and Jordan) allowed me to reflect on ways to advocate or volunteer in the early childhood field.  Another consequence of learning about the international early childhood field was realizing that issues were present globally; education in the early childhood field is still growing and many countries are still working hard to provide a better quality education to children.  The third consequence of learning about the international early childhood field was learning more about the situation in public schools.  Because I have always worked in private schools, I was not really aware of the situation of children living in poverty.
These blog assignments have inspired me to keep interacting with other international early childhood educators in order to exchange ideas and therefore try to provide a better education to all our children. 


6 comments:

  1. Ghayna,

    Like you, I have become much more globally aware in this course. I have also become more aware of organizations around the world and in my own city that help poor children. It seems that so much is being done, but it is not enough.

    Liz Thomas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have also worked most of my career in private or specialized schools. I found it interesting to read about the issues that face the public system. Some things are also found in the private system. I think networking is a valuable resource to help improve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ghayna,

    It is amazing just how different things are in other countries, but it is so exciting to know that we can work together to help our children succeed. Although, you may not have everything we have, you are making it work. I have worked in a private setting before, but I choice to come back to the public school because of the funding issues and the pay. I do not teach because of a pay check, but it is nice to get a decent wage for what I do. I have learned so much from you and look forward to working with again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ghayna,
    It is very interesting to share knowledge about early childhood field through international contacts. I think this experience has enriched our path as professionals. thank you for sharing useful information.
    Best wishes,
    Rawana.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Ghayna, I have really enjoyed reading your blog information for this course. I agree that the blog information we have shared concerning our international contacts has been the most valuable. I believe we must continue to try having an open contact with global sources in order to stay abreast of any and all information concerning young children and their education.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ghayna,

    Each week I found your posts to be quite interesting. Seldom have I had the opportunity to gain insight about the early childhood profession and practices from a global perspective. By you sharing your experiences I have a greater understand that issues children and families here face are translated worldwide. Thank you so much for sharing your perspective.

    ReplyDelete